An exploratory study on the beliefs about gender-based violence held by incoming undergraduates in England
• Rape and DVA myths need to be targeted in effective prevention programming in English universities.
• Incoming undergraduate men endorse rape myths and DVA myths more than women and rape myths are associated with DVA myths.
• Denial of the problem of sexual violence is related to rape and DVA myths and these are significant predictors of denial.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Email: R.Fentonexeter.ac.uk
Publication date: December 2017
The Journal of Gender-Based Violence (JGBV), is the first international journal based in Europe to show case the work of scholars across disciplinary and topic boundaries, and from a range of methodologies.
The journal acknowledges both the breadth of gender-based violence (GBV) and its links to gendered inequalities. It aims to continue to document the voices and experiences of victims and survivors of GBV, to publish work regarding those who perpetrate GBV and of the varied and complex social structures, inequalities and gender norms through which GBV is produced and sustained. The journal recognises the intersection of gender with other identities and power relations, such as ethnicity, nationality, sexuality, faith, disability and economic status.
JGBV will publish high quality papers that contribute to understanding of GBV, policy, and/or activism, on sexual violence, domestic abuse, ‘honour’-based violence, prostitution, trafficking and/or reproductive violence and abuse in a wide range of intimate, familial, community and societal contexts.
The editors invite interest from scholars working across the social sciences and related fields including social policy, sociology, politics, criminology, law, social psychology, development and economics, as well as disciplines allied to medicine, health and wellbeing.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Terms & Conditions
- Policy Press journals homepage
- Policy Press Open Access publishing
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites