Focal Point: Analytical Chemistry: Organic Trace Analysis – Challenges – Unsolved Problems
• How to resolve very complex mixtures into single compounds and to deal with the resulting flood of information.
• How to improve resolution of a demanding separation and to speed up analysis time.
• How to extract efficiently volatile polar compounds from water; a hardly solvable problem.
In the following, leading experts in these fields give a synopsis progress report and outlook about some pieces of the complex puzzle of possible solutions, namely the role and status of separation columns in high performance liquid chromatography, the possibilities and limitations of electrochromatography, the on-line combination of sample preconcentration/clean-up with separation techniques, the modular on-line coupling of two GC columns and the enrichment of polar compounds in water by a LiCl-precolumn and high-resolution gas chromatography.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: January 1, 2003
International Journal for Chemistry and Official Membership Journal of the Swiss Chemical Society (SCS) and its Divisions
CHIMIA, a scientific journal for chemistry in the broadest sense, is published 10 times a year and covers the interests of a wide and diverse readership. Contributions from all fields of chemistry and related areas are considered for publication in the form of Review Articles and Notes. A characteristic feature of CHIMIA are the thematic issues, each devoted to an area of great current significance.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Information for Advertisers
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites