Implementation of Forest Certification in Brazil, Spain And Portugal: An Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) Application
Forest certification is an important mechanism for the legitimation of environmental practices in the sustainable forest management. Its basis are the forest management standards, which represent the guidelines for defining sustainable forest management through a hierarchical structure (principles, criteria and indicators), which includes social, environmental and economic issues. The main certification systems in the world, FSC and PEFC, have adopted this structure in their forest management standards. This work aims to evaluate the perception of experts in Brazil, Spain and Portugal regarding the level of difficulty to implement forest certification applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). The principal results indicated that, in general, the principles related to environmental aspects are considered the most complicated to comply, the social aspects are much more difficult to achieve in the case of Brazil, and the economic aspects are not considered as an important problem in any of the three countries.
No Reference information available - sign in for access.
No Citation information available - sign in for access.
No Supplementary Data.
No Article Media
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: March 1, 2019
More about this publication?
- The International Forestry Review is a peer-reviewed scholarly journal that publishes original research and review papers on all aspects of forest policy and science, with an emphasis on issues of transnational significance. It is published four times per year, in March, June, September and December. Theme editions are a regular feature and attract a wide audience.
The IFR is part of The Global Forest Information Service - GFIS
International Forestry Review has an Impact Factor of 1.705
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- Online guide to scientific writing
- Back issues and missing issues
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites