Research on segregation heave based on infrared thermal scan
In order to study on frost heave of freezing soils in continuous-intermittent freezing mode,frost heave tests using frost susceptible silty clay were carried out with variation of time intervals and temperature amplitudes of boundary temperature.The authors acquired segregation temperature by using the technique of infrared thermal scan and analyzed the relation among segregation temperature,boundary temperature and segregation rate.The results indicate that segregation rate increases with the decreasing of segregation temperature,and then decreases in the cooling phase of boundary temperature.Segregation heave pauses with the increasing of segregation temperature because the segregation rate tended to zero quickly in the warming phase of boundary temperature.Based on the tests results,calculation method of segregation heave in continuous-intermittent freezing mode are proposed,the calculated results agree well with the measured results.
No References for this article.
No Supplementary Data.
No Article Media
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 15, 2015
More about this publication?
- The Journal publishes the peer-reviewed papers with original research, new developments and innovations, site measurements and case studies in coal science and mining industry. It aims to be a leading platform for the publication of high quality papers and an authoritative source of information for analysis, review and evaluation related to coal science and mining technologies.
The Journal covers the following areas:
- coalfield geology and exploration
- coal resources/reserves estimation
- mine planning and design, mine optimization
- mine construction and development, mine operation
- mine electrical and equipment, mine automation
- mine health and safety
- ventilation and control, methane drainage and capture
- coal processing and utilization
- low carbon technology
- coal economics, mine management
- coal mine environmental impact assessment and control
- mine rehabilitation, mine closure, etc.
The Journal is a unique comprehensive academic periodical completely dedicated to the coal science and mining industry in the world. The Journal stands out as an excellent source of scientific information in coal industry with nearly 400 papers published in 12 issues per annum.
The Journal is published monthly by China Coal Society.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites