Investigation on meso-structure of coal and rock based on the modified LBF model
For accurately and completely capturing the meso-structure information of coal and rock images which combine with the characteristics of inhomogeneity intensity extensively,the anthor introduces an image processing method based on Local Binary Fitting(LBF) energy model.Also,the modifications are carried out by introducing the image enhancement operators and regulating the initial set function for the defects of inefficiency in dealing with the low contrast images and the segmentation depending on the location and size of initial outline.The high-quality binary images of coal and rock meso-structure were obtained by graying,image segmentation and morphological processing for three kinds of images,and then analyzed the statistical regularity of the meso-parameters.The test results show that the image processing method based on modified LBF model can effectively deal with the uneven gray images of coal and rock,and the obtained meso-structure information can provide a true geometric model for coal and rock specimen numerical simulation and reliable technical support for meso-damage mechanics analysis.
No References for this article.
No Supplementary Data.
No Article Media
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 15, 2015
More about this publication?
- The Journal publishes the peer-reviewed papers with original research, new developments and innovations, site measurements and case studies in coal science and mining industry. It aims to be a leading platform for the publication of high quality papers and an authoritative source of information for analysis, review and evaluation related to coal science and mining technologies.
The Journal covers the following areas:
- coalfield geology and exploration
- coal resources/reserves estimation
- mine planning and design, mine optimization
- mine construction and development, mine operation
- mine electrical and equipment, mine automation
- mine health and safety
- ventilation and control, methane drainage and capture
- coal processing and utilization
- low carbon technology
- coal economics, mine management
- coal mine environmental impact assessment and control
- mine rehabilitation, mine closure, etc.
The Journal is a unique comprehensive academic periodical completely dedicated to the coal science and mining industry in the world. The Journal stands out as an excellent source of scientific information in coal industry with nearly 400 papers published in 12 issues per annum.
The Journal is published monthly by China Coal Society.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites