Mechanical property variation under dynamic uniaxial compression and micro-mechanism of lamprophyre in saturated state
In order to understand the softening characteristics and micro-mechanism of lamprophyre in water,the uniaxial compression experiments,water absorption test,X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscope analysis were conducted,which reveals the mechanical characteristics,water-absorption capability,mineral composition and microstructures of lamprophyre at different saturated states (0,15 and 30 d).The results show that comparing with lamprophyre specimen without soaking in water,the uniaxial compressive strength of that soaking in water for 15 days and 30 days decrease from 121.56 MPa to 80.85 MPa and 70.34 MPa respectively.The feature of stress-strain curve varies at different saturated states.During the water-absorptional progress of lamprophyre,the variation of water-absorption followed as the exponent distribution.Meanwhile,the micro structure of mineral aggregation and its relative content change obviously.The particles of mineral aggregates in lamprophyre involve in the reaction with water and the connection between particles will be destroyed.Thus,the water will react with the mineral particles.Due to the numerous micro-pores and the stress raisers,the mineral aggregates that play the role of skeleton will peel off.subsequently the inner construction of lamprophyre will be destroyed and its mechanical properties of it will be changed.In a word,the microstructure mineral collection is damaged,which actually lead to the change of lamprophyre’s mechanical properties.It is also the key reason of lamprophyre’s softening.There is a closed relationship between softening phenomenon and hydration reaction.
No References for this article.
No Supplementary Data.
No Article Media
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 15, 2015
More about this publication?
- The Journal publishes the peer-reviewed papers with original research, new developments and innovations, site measurements and case studies in coal science and mining industry. It aims to be a leading platform for the publication of high quality papers and an authoritative source of information for analysis, review and evaluation related to coal science and mining technologies.
The Journal covers the following areas:
- coalfield geology and exploration
- coal resources/reserves estimation
- mine planning and design, mine optimization
- mine construction and development, mine operation
- mine electrical and equipment, mine automation
- mine health and safety
- ventilation and control, methane drainage and capture
- coal processing and utilization
- low carbon technology
- coal economics, mine management
- coal mine environmental impact assessment and control
- mine rehabilitation, mine closure, etc.
The Journal is a unique comprehensive academic periodical completely dedicated to the coal science and mining industry in the world. The Journal stands out as an excellent source of scientific information in coal industry with nearly 400 papers published in 12 issues per annum.
The Journal is published monthly by China Coal Society.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites