Roof stability for repeated mining workface passing through abandoned parallel gateway
According to calculating of the support strength when the repeated mining face passing through abandoned parallel gateway,a mechanical model for studying the principle of main roof fracture was established through spot investigation and analysis for fracture of roof of workface.Three factors such as the width of coal pillar between repeated mining face and abandoned parallel gateway,the distance between repeated mining face and main roof fracture line and the width of abandoned parallel roadways which may lead to the advanced fracture of main roof was put forward.Through the analysis of the three factors,the mechanical mechanism of advanced fracture of main roof was obtained.It shows that the coal pillars become destabilization when coal being extracted.The destabilization of the coal pillars leaves roof beam unsupported and increases the length of cantilever beam.When the length of cantilever beam is greater than or equal to cycle weighting interval,the cantilever beam breaks.Based on the Bieniawski formula,the critical width of coal pillar that becomes destabilization and the critical width of abandoned parallel gateway that main roof inevitably breaks in advance are calculated.The size of broken rock block of mechanical model of main roof weighting is adjusted on the basis of the mechanical model of main roof fracture.The adjustment is used to calculate the support strength of hydraulic support when repeated mining face passing through abandoned parallel gateway.It shows that the least support strength is 10 910.77 kN.On-the-spot observation results show that the support strength is 9 656 kN when repeated mining face passing through abandoned parallel gateway.
No References for this article.
No Supplementary Data.
No Article Media
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 15, 2015
More about this publication?
- The Journal publishes the peer-reviewed papers with original research, new developments and innovations, site measurements and case studies in coal science and mining industry. It aims to be a leading platform for the publication of high quality papers and an authoritative source of information for analysis, review and evaluation related to coal science and mining technologies.
The Journal covers the following areas:
- coalfield geology and exploration
- coal resources/reserves estimation
- mine planning and design, mine optimization
- mine construction and development, mine operation
- mine electrical and equipment, mine automation
- mine health and safety
- ventilation and control, methane drainage and capture
- coal processing and utilization
- low carbon technology
- coal economics, mine management
- coal mine environmental impact assessment and control
- mine rehabilitation, mine closure, etc.
The Journal is a unique comprehensive academic periodical completely dedicated to the coal science and mining industry in the world. The Journal stands out as an excellent source of scientific information in coal industry with nearly 400 papers published in 12 issues per annum.
The Journal is published monthly by China Coal Society.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites