Pre-tightening effect of mine cable and its force calculation
The pre-tightening force is a key index in bolting and anchoring engineering,because of its important influence on surrounding rock structures’ rigidity and anchorage group effect.The mechanism using ANSYS simulation and the cable’s pre-tightening course with mechanical analysis was investigated.According to its installation and pre-tighten process,a series drag springs model was put forward for mechanical analysis,which includes surrounding rock,cable,anchor cup,and anchor wedge.The difference and connection of installing tension load and pre-tightening force were analyzed in detail.Some formulas for pre-tightening force were deduced and demonstrated by a calculation example.The studies show that the bigger installing tension load,the softer rock,the longer free cable section and the better following performance of wedges,would lead to the bigger pre-tightening force and the smaller converting loss rate.In the engineering application,the super-tension,replenish-tension,optimal length of free section,improved restriction mode and lag resin bolt,could be applied to realize high pre-tightening force anchoring and better support efficiency.
No References for this article.
No Supplementary Data.
No Article Media
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 15, 2015
More about this publication?
- The Journal publishes the peer-reviewed papers with original research, new developments and innovations, site measurements and case studies in coal science and mining industry. It aims to be a leading platform for the publication of high quality papers and an authoritative source of information for analysis, review and evaluation related to coal science and mining technologies.
The Journal covers the following areas:
- coalfield geology and exploration
- coal resources/reserves estimation
- mine planning and design, mine optimization
- mine construction and development, mine operation
- mine electrical and equipment, mine automation
- mine health and safety
- ventilation and control, methane drainage and capture
- coal processing and utilization
- low carbon technology
- coal economics, mine management
- coal mine environmental impact assessment and control
- mine rehabilitation, mine closure, etc.
The Journal is a unique comprehensive academic periodical completely dedicated to the coal science and mining industry in the world. The Journal stands out as an excellent source of scientific information in coal industry with nearly 400 papers published in 12 issues per annum.
The Journal is published monthly by China Coal Society.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites