Experimental study on failure behaviour of cracked rocks around tunnels under true triaxial unloading
Rock mass contains a large number of joints and cracks,and they will expose during the process of excavations,which will affect rock structure stability.A ture triaxial unloading experirment was carried out,in order to clearly show the failure behaviour of cracked rocks.At the same time,by using a true triaxial loading and unloading equipment,a group of concrete specimens containing an inclined crack with a respective inclination angle 15°,30°,45°,60° and 75° were tested.A true triaxial experimental machine which is a computer-controlled electro-hydraulic servo machine was applied in these tests,and in order to confirm the test results,anumerical simulation by using ANSYS code was implemented.Under unloading conditions,the behaviors of stress-strain and failure of rock materials with various crack inclination angles were studied.At the same time,the drop-coefficient of brittle failure stresses was investigated.The experiment results show that a consolidation phenomenon occurs in the early stage,and the phenomenon is more obvious as the crack angle with the horizontal axis increases from 15° to 75°.For the specimen under unloading,the deformation increases as the crack angle with the horizontal axis increases.The possibility,which the damage of fall off occurs in the engineering,increases as the crack angle with the horizontal axis decreases;and the main damage of the test specimen is tensile failure;the damage characteristics,which are caused by expansion,are more obvious relative to the uniaxial compression test.The drop-coefficients of brittles stress increases as the crack angle with the horizontal axis increases.It shows that the status from brittle to ductile.
No References for this article.
No Supplementary Data.
No Article Media
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 15, 2015
More about this publication?
- The Journal publishes the peer-reviewed papers with original research, new developments and innovations, site measurements and case studies in coal science and mining industry. It aims to be a leading platform for the publication of high quality papers and an authoritative source of information for analysis, review and evaluation related to coal science and mining technologies.
The Journal covers the following areas:
- coalfield geology and exploration
- coal resources/reserves estimation
- mine planning and design, mine optimization
- mine construction and development, mine operation
- mine electrical and equipment, mine automation
- mine health and safety
- ventilation and control, methane drainage and capture
- coal processing and utilization
- low carbon technology
- coal economics, mine management
- coal mine environmental impact assessment and control
- mine rehabilitation, mine closure, etc.
The Journal is a unique comprehensive academic periodical completely dedicated to the coal science and mining industry in the world. The Journal stands out as an excellent source of scientific information in coal industry with nearly 400 papers published in 12 issues per annum.
The Journal is published monthly by China Coal Society.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites