Theory framework and technological system of coal mine underground reservoir
In western China(Shanxi,Shaanxi,Inner Mongolia,Ningxia and Gansu),there are rich coal resources,while there are also water resource shortage.A surface evaporation capacity is above six times of rainfall.The large-scale,intensive,modern coal mining can result in the formation of crack,destroy the original underground water system,and the generation of lots of mine water.In order to ensure the underground production safety,mine water is traditionally discharged to the surface.However,due to large evaporation capacity in the western area,the discharged mine water can quickly be evaporated and is therefore lost after being discharged.Therefore,a technical approach of storage and utilization of mine water using underground reservoirs of coal mine was proposed,which included design,construction and operation technology.The technical system is composed of water resource prediction,reservoir site selection,reservoir capacity design,dam construction,safety guarantees,water quality control,etc.Currently,32 coal mine underground reservoirs has been established in Shendong Mining Area,which can provide 95 percent of total water consumption,and been in operation safely with a low cost.It is shown that the underground coal mine reservoir is a safe,economical and scaled water storage technology,using natural underground space and natural rock purification,which could be of great significance in the protection and utilization of underground water resources for coal mining in the western mining area of China.
No References for this article.
No Supplementary Data.
No Article Media
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: February 15, 2015
More about this publication?
- The Journal publishes the peer-reviewed papers with original research, new developments and innovations, site measurements and case studies in coal science and mining industry. It aims to be a leading platform for the publication of high quality papers and an authoritative source of information for analysis, review and evaluation related to coal science and mining technologies.
The Journal covers the following areas:
- coalfield geology and exploration
- coal resources/reserves estimation
- mine planning and design, mine optimization
- mine construction and development, mine operation
- mine electrical and equipment, mine automation
- mine health and safety
- ventilation and control, methane drainage and capture
- coal processing and utilization
- low carbon technology
- coal economics, mine management
- coal mine environmental impact assessment and control
- mine rehabilitation, mine closure, etc.
The Journal is a unique comprehensive academic periodical completely dedicated to the coal science and mining industry in the world. The Journal stands out as an excellent source of scientific information in coal industry with nearly 400 papers published in 12 issues per annum.
The Journal is published monthly by China Coal Society.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites