Corporate Sustainability in India: A Practical Guide for Multinationals
Publication date: 1 January 2013
This DōShort offers practical insights for companies or foundations who want to run their business in India in a sustainable way.
In this concise, expert guide, Caroline Twigg draws on her experience of setting up the India office for the World Business Council for Sustainable Development. She starts with a brief overview of India's history, culture and relationship with the environment, presents an overview of doing business in India in general, and then covers:
- Policy and regulations that influence sustainability actions in India;
- How sustainability is interpreted in India and how that may impact a company's engagement;
- How companies already work on sustainability and what might come in the future;
- A valuable list of the organisations and resources that will help you deliver on your business and sustainability goals.
If you work for an international company based outside of India, if you run a foundation with projects in India, if you have products or services with a sustainability focus and are hoping to expand your business in India, or if you are tasked with communicating your company's sustainability work in India, this book will help you engage with your partners respectfully, effectively and easily.
- Subscribe to this Title
- Learn more about Dō Sustainability at GSE Research
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites