Update on Adult Epilepsy: What Neuroradiologists Should Know
1) To summarize epilepsy terms, concepts, and statistics
2) To identify common epileptogenic lesions and structural imaging pitfalls
3) To become familiar with imaging protocols and techniques including complementary functional imaging
4) To understand new trends and devices in surgical evaluation and therapy
Keywords: AED = antiepileptic drug; DNET = dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor; EEG = electroencephalography; FCD = focal cortical dysplasia; GluCEST = glutamate chemical exchange saturation transfer; HS = hippocampal sclerosis; ILAE = International League Against Epilepsy; LITT = laser interstitial thermal therapy; MEG = magnetoencephalography; MTS = mesial temporal sclerosis; PVNH = periventricular nodular heterotopia; PXA = pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma; RNS = responsive neurostimulation; SBH = subcortical band heterotopia; TLE = temporal lobe epilepsy; VNS = vagus nerve stimulation; iEEG = intracranial EEG; sEEG = stereotactic EEG
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: June 1, 2020
Neurographics is the peer-reviewed, bimonthly educational journal of the American Society of Neuroradiology. The journal comprises articles selected from material presented at the ASNR Annual Meeting. Neurographics also publishes other high-quality submissions that are primarily educational and have a high emphasis on a pictorial approach. Neurographics offers CME credit for reading review articles and completing quiz-based self-assessment activities.
Visit the ASNR Education Connection to view all available CME courses.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Membership Information
- Order a Print Copy
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites