Access and authentication
One of the core components of the Ingenta Connect service is reliable, robust but flexible authentication systems and processes to control access to your content.
Effective access control is vital in protecting your content online, but you also want to attract Ingenta Connect's unrivalled global audience - your customers and potential customers.
Ingenta Connect gives you confidence and security in achieving both. It gives you:
- Multiple authentication options making life easier for your customers. These include IP access validation and multiple login names enabling individuals to access subscriptions from more than one affiliation, e.g. university and society membership
- We offer federated validation through Athens single sign-on and Shibboleth for institutions and URL-based authentication whereby users accessing from a specific URL can be authenticated with your permission. This is particularly useful for society members or other groups of specific users
- Access via your subscription agents, with your permission, to automate the authentication process, saving your institutional customers time and resource while making the user experience seamless
- Flexible facilities so you can change the parameters of access by offering free trials, or free content for a time period set by you
- Detailed usage reports are accessible for manipulation and reporting
- Author offprint services to facilitate the provision of PDF offprints, generating pre-authenticated, time restricted links for you to circulate to your chosen recipients.
For more information, please contact Sales or your client manager.