Alerting and RSS feeds
Researchers require the latest information in their chosen research areas. Speed and relevancy can be achieved using Ingenta Connect's alerting service.
Ingenta Connect Alerting
Ingenta Connect's Alerting service is an affordable and versatile service through which libraries can support patrons' research needs. The service can be mediated by the library administrator, or controlled by each individual, enabling them to:
- Request alerts when new issues of their favourite publications are available online
- Create searches relevant to research topics, and receive alerts when new results are found
- Upload data from email alerts into bibliographic tools
- Manage their alerts according to their own preferences and research needs
- Become more self-sufficient in managing and locating the current research they need
If you belong to our Library Membership programme you can:
- Supplement current offerings with powerful alerting tools to search against a database of more than 5 million articles, from more than 13,500 full text, online publications
- Provide users with an unlimited number of New Issue Alerts and Saved Search Alerts across Ingenta Connect content
- Select from mediated or unmediated alerting service options - allowing for configurable control
- Customise messaging in the alerts to instruct users how to access full text, and to remind them that the service is endorsed by you
- Configure your alerts to contain OpenURL links to other content held by your institution
“Love the e-alerts for content!”
Amanda Bielskas, Borough of Manhattan Community College, City University of New York, USA
You and your patrons can also set up RSS feeds if you have signed up to the Ingenta Library Membership programme. Keep up-to-date by receiving notification when new issues of publications are made available online. Follow the link within the feed to move directly to the tables of contents on Ingenta Connect. The feeds show the latest issue numbers and dates together with a link to the full table of contents on Ingenta Connect.
Please note: An RSS aggregator or feed reader is required to utilise RSS Feeds. To enable a feed click on the RSS button and then copy the ensuing URL to import to the feed reader.
Contact [email protected] for more information.