Abstract:This review on Sustainability covers selected journal articles and conferences papers published in 2011 and is divided into the following sections:
• Sustainable water and wastewater utilities
• Sustainable water resources management
• Industrial and corporate approaches towards sustainability
• Stormwater and green infrastructure
• Sustainability in wastewater treatment
• Life cycle assessment (LCA) applications
• Sustainability and energy in wastewater industry, climate change, and water reuse
• Sustainability rating system
The stormwater and green infrastructure (GI) described the current development in four categories: (1) new studies of GI and low impact development (LID) system performance; (2) GI/LID planning assessments; (3) macro-scale hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of GI/LID systems; and (4) social implications of GI/LID systems. The sustainability in wastewater treatment reviewed wastewater as a resource, wastewater treatment, and wastewater treatment plant carbon and energy footprint.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: 2012-10-01
More about this publication?
- Water Environment Research (WER) is published monthly, including an annual Literature Review. A subscription to WER includes access to the latest content back to 1992, as well as access to fast track articles. An individual subscription is valid for 12 months from month of purchase.
Water Environment Research (WER) publishes peer-reviewed research papers, research notes, state-of-the-art and critical reviews on original, fundamental and applied research in all scientific and technical areas related to water quality, pollution control, and management. An annual Literature Review provides a review of published books and articles on water quality topics from the previous year. Published as: Sewage Works Journal, 1928 - 1949; Sewage and Industrial Wastes, 1950 - 1959; Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, 1959 - Oct 1989; Research Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, Nov 1989 - 1991; Water Environment Research, 1992 - present.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- WEF Bookstore
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites