Abstract:This review on Sustainability covers selected journal articles and conferences papers published in 2010 and is divided into the following sections
• Sustainable water and wastewater utilities:
• Sustainable water resources management
• Industrial and corporate approaches towards sustainability
• Stormwater and green infrastructure
• Sustainability in wastewater treatment
• Life cycle assessment (LCA) applications
• Sustainability and energy in wastewater industry
• Sustainability and climate change
• Sustainability and water reuse
• Sustainability rating systems
The sustainable water and wastewater utilities reviewed sustainable practices and sustainable workforce management. The stormwater and green infrastructure (GI) described the current development in five categories: new studies of GI and low impact development (LID) system performance; GI/LID system planning assessments; macro-scale hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of GI/LID systems; efforts to model changes of water flow and quality in individual GI/LID systems; and social implications of GI/LID systems. The sustainability in wastewater treatment reviewed wastewater treatment; source separation; anaerobic technologies; wetland and low impact treatment systems; algae technologies; and the microbial fuel cell technology.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: January 1, 2011
More about this publication?
- Water Environment Research® (WER®) publishes peer-reviewed research papers, research notes, state-of-the-art and critical reviews on original, fundamental and applied research in all scientific and technical areas related to water quality, pollution control, and management. An annual Literature Review provides a review of published books and articles on water quality topics from the previous year. Published as: Sewage Works Journal, 1928 - 1949; Sewage and Industrial Wastes, 1950 - 1959; Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, 1959 - Oct 1989; Research Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, Nov 1989 - 1991; Water Environment Research, 1992 - present.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- WEF Bookstore
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites