Biosolids and Sludge Management
Abstract:This review section covers journal articles and conference papers related to biosolids and sludge management that were published in 2010. The literature review has been divided into the following sections:
• Biosolids regulations and management issues,
• Biosolids characteristics and measurement including nanoparticles, hormones, pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs), metals and pathogens,
• Sludge treatment technologies including pretreatment and sludge minimization, anaerobic digestion, aerobic digestion, composting, conditioning and dewatering, and drying,
•Disposal and reuse covers combustion/ incineration, pyrolysis, and land application and reviews issues pertaining to nutrients, heavy metals, and synthetic organics,
• Odor and air emissions along with energy issues, and
• Risk analysis
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: 2011-01-01
More about this publication?
- Water Environment Research (WER) is published monthly, including an annual Literature Review. A subscription to WER includes access to the latest content back to 1992, as well as access to fast track articles. An individual subscription is valid for 12 months from month of purchase.
Water Environment Research� (WER�) publishes peer-reviewed research papers, research notes, state-of-the-art and critical reviews on original, fundamental and applied research in all scientific and technical areas related to water quality, pollution control, and management. An annual Literature Review provides a review of published books and articles on water quality topics from the previous year. Published as: Sewage Works Journal, 1928 - 1949; Sewage and Industrial Wastes, 1950 - 1959; Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, 1959 - Oct 1989; Research Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, Nov 1989 - 1991; Water Environment Research, 1992 - present.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Information for Advertisers
- WEF Bookstore
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites