An Industry Survey of Best Practices and Performance Metrics Related to the Ten Attributes
Abstract:In spite of a number of related documents published since the inception of the Effective Utility Management (EUM) initiatives beginning in 2008, specific or discrete recommendations on how utilities would develop and implement the Ten Attributes have not been available. As a result, Water Research Foundation (WaterRF) funded a project titled “Performance Benchmarking for Effectively Managed Water Utilities” to:
• Identify best practices associated with achieving the Ten Attributes
• Identify key metrics and potential targets associated with each best practice
• Develop a benchmarking framework and assessment methodology
• Develop supporting benchmarking tools
• Pilot test the tools with an appropriate cross-section of utilities (e.g. water, wastewater, various sizes, different geographies)
As part of this project, the CH2M HILL team surveyed its participating utility partners to identify their best practices related to EUM and associated performance metrics. This paper presents best practices and related performance metrics associated with the Ten Attributes that have been reported by the project's 17 North American and international water/wastewater participating utilities.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: January 1, 2012
More about this publication?
- Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation is an archive of papers published in the proceedings of the annual Water Environment Federation® Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC® ) and specialty conferences held since the year 2000. These proceedings are not peer reviewed. WEF Members: Sign in (right panel) with your IngentaConnect user name and password to receive complimentary access.
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- About WEF Proceedings
- WEFTEC Conference Information
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites