Aligning IT and Business Strategies to Enable Enterprise Integration that Supports Effective Utility Management
Abstract:To achieve higher operational efficiencies, utility organizations must continue to control the cost of IT; integrate systems, data and processes; and determine where to invest in IT to support core business objectives. For this to happen, utilities must align their business and IT strategies.
Achieving alignment between business and IT strategies has a direct effect on effective utility management. This alignment has a direct correlation to many of the attributes associated with effective utility management, as it:
• Strengthens operational optimization, infrastructure stability and operational resiliency
• Supports financial viability and community sustainability
• Improves customer satisfaction and product quality
This paper will provide utility leaders with an understanding of the success factors associated with alignment of business and IT strategies.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: January 1, 2012
More about this publication?
- Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation is an archive of papers published in the proceedings of the annual Water Environment Federation® Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC® ) and specialty conferences held since the year 2000. These proceedings are not peer reviewed. WEF Members: Sign in (right panel) with your IngentaConnect user name and password to receive complimentary access.
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- About WEF Proceedings
- WEFTEC Conference Information
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites