Getting Started with EUM - The Utility Self-Assessment
Abstract:The self assessment tool in the Effective Utility Management (EUM) Primer can help water and wastewater managers evaluate their utility's current performance against internal goals or specific needs and determine where to focus improvement efforts.
The Effective Utility Management assessment process has five steps:
1) Evaluate current conditions by rating your utility's systems and approaches and current level of achievement for each attribute
2) Rank the importance of each attribute to your utility, based on your utility's vision, goals, and specific needs
3) Graph each attribute based on your rating and ranking
4) Choose one or more attributes to focus on based on the results of ranking and rating
5) Develop and implement an improvement plan.
Much of the content of this paper was taken from Effective Utility Management, A Primer for Water and Wastewater Utilities, available at
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: January 1, 2010
More about this publication?
- Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation is an archive of papers published in the proceedings of the annual Water Environment Federation® Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC® ) and specialty conferences held since the year 2000. These proceedings are not peer reviewed. WEF Members: Sign in (right panel) with your IngentaConnect user name and password to receive complimentary access.
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- About WEF Proceedings
- WEFTEC Conference Information
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites