Stress Free Clarifier Operation: Use of State-Point Analysis to Make Secondary Clarifier Operating Decisions at Northwest Cobb WRF
Abstract:The Northwest Cobb Water Reclamation Facility, located northwest of Atlanta, Georgia is owned and operated by the Cobb County Water System. During 2003, the plant began experiencing some settling problems, and blanket levels began to rise. To address this issue and avoid any potential compliance problems, the plant staff focused on analyzing the clarifier operation, and using state point analysis as an operating tool. State-point analysis is frequently used by engineers in evaluating clarifier capacity, but historically it has not been used widely by plant operators because of its mathematical complexity and lack of user-friendly computer programs. This paper will discuss the experience of the operating staff in using this tool. It will be presented in two parts:
(1) Summary paper discussing the Northwest Cobb WRF operation, development of Vesilind settling parameters for different settling conditions, and the operating results at the plant.
(2) A User's Manual for operators, with examples of different operating conditions at the Northwest Cobb WRF.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: 2007-10-01
More about this publication?
- Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation is an archive of papers published in the proceedings of the annual Water Environment Federation® Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC® ) and specialty conferences held since the year 2000. These proceedings are not peer reviewed. A subscription to the Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation includes access to most papers presented at the annual WEF Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) and other conferences held since 2000. Subscription access begins 12 months after the event and is valid for 12 months from month of purchase. A subscription to the Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation is included in Water Environment Federation (WEF) membership.
WEF Members: Sign in (right panel) with your IngentaConnect user name and password to receive complimentary access. Access begins 12 months after the conference or event
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- About WEF Proceedings
- WEFTEC Conference Information
- Learn about the many other WEF member benefits and join today
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites