Achieving Limits of Technology (LOT) Effluent Nitrogen and Phosphorus Removal at the River Oaks Two-Stage Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant
Authors: Jimenez, Jose A.; Parker, Denny S.; Zdziebloski, Walt; Pope, Rodney L.; Phillips, Dwayne; Nissen, James A.; Schimdt, Harold E.
Source: Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation, WEFTEC 2007: Session 1 through Session 10 , pp. 406-416(11)
Publisher: Water Environment Federation
Abstract:Due to unprecedented population growth in the late 1970s and early 1980s, Hillsborough County, FL, developed an aggressive capital improvement program, including a 3-phase construction program to increase the capacity of the River Oaks Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant (AWTP) from 3 mgd to 10 mgd while improving plant performance to significantly reduce the nutrient discharges to Tampa Bay. When construction of the final phase was completed in June 1989, the County had met its goals of protecting water quality in the Tampa Bay Estuary System, expanding treatment capacity and simplifying system operation by improving process units at the River Oaks AWTP. For the past 20 years, this innovative treatment process has provided flexible and reliable treatment performance that has enabled Hillsborough County to achieve the highest quality treated wastewater in the region.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: October 1, 2007
- Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation is an archive of papers published in the proceedings of the annual Water Environment Federation® Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC® ) and specialty conferences held since the year 2000. These proceedings are not peer reviewed. WEF Members: Sign in (right panel) with your IngentaConnect user name and password to receive complimentary access.
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- About WEF Proceedings
- WEFTEC Conference Information
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites
- In this: publication
- By this: publisher
- In this Subject: Earth and Environmental Sciences , General & Civil Engineering , Hydraulic & Environmental Engineering
- By this author: Jimenez, Jose A. ; Parker, Denny S. ; Zdziebloski, Walt ; Pope, Rodney L. ; Phillips, Dwayne ; Nissen, James A. ; Schimdt, Harold E.