Risk Analysis for SSO Projects
Abstract:In 1999 the City of Atlanta negotiated a comprehensive settlement titled the First Amended Consent Decree (FACD) with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) to address its sanitary sewer system to prevent future Sanitary Sewer Overflows (SSOs). The Clean Water Atlanta Program Management Team (PMT) has developed a risk-based approach for sizing SSO projects to meet consent decree requirements. The risk analysis methodology facilitates the selection of SSO projects with 100% (or approximately 100%) sewer overflows protection because it:
• Quantifies the risk of SSOs
• Identifies the most cost-effective solutions
• Predicts the performance of a proposed SSO project.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: October 1, 2007
More about this publication?
- Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation is an archive of papers published in the proceedings of the annual Water Environment Federation® Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC® ) and specialty conferences held since the year 2000. These proceedings are not peer reviewed. WEF Members: Sign in (right panel) with your IngentaConnect user name and password to receive complimentary access.
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- About WEF Proceedings
- WEFTEC Conference Information
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites