NOVEL TEST FOR TOTAL PHOSPHORUS REMOVAL OPTIMIZATION IN PRIMARY CLARIFIERS
Authors: Peric, Marija; Riffat, Rumana; Murthy, Sudhir N.; Stinson, Beverley; Cassel, Alan; Neupane, Dilli R.; Wilson, Thomas E.
Source: Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation, Nutrient Removal 2007 , pp. 1556-1559(4)
Publisher: Water Environment Federation
A bench-scale test was developed to predict full-scale primary clarifier performance for phosphorus removal. This test was developed by simulating surface overflow rate (SOR) and flocculation time, which are the limiting parameters for primary clarification. The results of this study provide a chemical dosing strategy to achieve low phosphorus removal in a primary clarifier using CEPT (Chemically Enhanced Primary Treatment), which is followed by biological processes.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: January 1, 2007
- Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation is an archive of papers published in the proceedings of the annual Water Environment Federation® Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC® ) and specialty conferences held since the year 2000. These proceedings are not peer reviewed. WEF Members: Sign in (right panel) with your IngentaConnect user name and password to receive complimentary access.
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- About WEF Proceedings
- WEFTEC Conference Information
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites
- In this: publication
- By this: publisher
- In this Subject: Earth and Environmental Sciences , General & Civil Engineering , Hydraulic & Environmental Engineering
- By this author: Peric, Marija ; Riffat, Rumana ; Murthy, Sudhir N. ; Stinson, Beverley ; Cassel, Alan ; Neupane, Dilli R. ; Wilson, Thomas E.