PLANNING AND FEASIBILITY STUDY OF WATER RECLAMATION FOR BENEFICIAL REUSE IN A KANSAS COMMUNITY
Authors: Bailey, John H.; Schomaker, Michael D.; Rood, Kevin L.; Leung, Kevin S.; Stensaas, Estell J.; Clennan, Dennis M.; Jones, Reg D.
Source: Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation, WEFTEC 2001: Session 11 through Session 20 , pp. 230-241(12)
Publisher: Water Environment Federation
Abstract:The City of Hutchinson, Kansas would build a (6.0 MGD) reverse osmosis (RO) membrane filtration plant to further refine water subjected to upstream air stripping for removal of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The secondary RO filtration would remove high levels of chloride and mineral contamination immune to air stripping. The City would then blend the high quality water from the two-stage process into the municipal water system to increase supply; elevate the overall quality, and eliminate regulatory agency concerns about discharging high chlorideeffluent into surface streams after air stripping. To further meet demand through 2030, the City would seek rights to unused allocations of the aquifer. In addition to population growth, the improved water supply plan would support economic development.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: January 1, 2001
- Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation is an archive of papers published in the proceedings of the annual Water Environment Federation® Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC® ) and specialty conferences held since the year 2000. These proceedings are not peer reviewed. WEF Members: Sign in (right panel) with your IngentaConnect user name and password to receive complimentary access.
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- About WEF Proceedings
- WEFTEC Conference Information
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites
- In this: publication
- By this: publisher
- In this Subject: Earth and Environmental Sciences , General & Civil Engineering , Hydraulic & Environmental Engineering
- By this author: Bailey, John H. ; Schomaker, Michael D. ; Rood, Kevin L. ; Leung, Kevin S. ; Stensaas, Estell J. ; Clennan, Dennis M. ; Jones, Reg D.