Padua, its Arena and the Arena Chapel: A Liturgical Ensemble
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: March 25, 2011
The Journal of the Warburg and Courtauld Institutes publishes new research, of a documentary and analytical character, in the field of cultural and intellectual history. The subject matter includes art and architecture, religion, science and literature as well as intellectual, political and social life, often with an emphasis on their relation to the civilisation of antiquity.
The Journal was founded in 1937, as one of the first publishing projects of the Warburg Institute after its arrival in London; it was intended as a interdisciplinary forum, more extensive in scope and varied in content than the Vorträge previously published by the Kulturwissenschaftliche Bibliothek Warburg in Hamburg. Produced at the Warburg Institute and edited by members of staff from that Institute as well as from the Courtauld Institute of Art, it remains reliant on the extensive libraries and photographic collections which these institutions possess; it also depends on the collaboration of scholars from the two institutions, who, along with outside experts, participate in the review process.
Volumes of the Journal are issued annually.
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Subscribe to this Title
- Courtauld Institute of Art
- Warburg Institute
- Ingenta Connect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites