Vibrational Circular Dichroism (VCD) Chiral Assignment of Atropisomers: Application to γ-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) Modulators Designed as Potential Anxiolytic Drugs
Abstract:Atropisomers exist when axial chirality is present as a result of conformationally restricted rotation around a single bond. The interconversion rate of the individual atropisomers is critical to the assessment of chiral stability of a drug throughout scale-up, development, production, and storage as well as in vivo pharmacokinetics. We describe the application of vibrational circular dichroism spectroscopy coupled with quantum mechanics simulations to assign the absolute axial chirality and measure the racemization half-life of a series of potential anxiolytic drugs that act as γ-aminobutyric acid modulators.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, 1800 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19803 USA
Publication date: April 1, 2013
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites