Application of Mid-Infrared Spectroscopy to the Development and Transfer of a Manufacturing Process for an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
Abstract:The use of in situ mid-infrared spectroscopy to support the development of a pharmaceutical manufacturing process is disclosed. Data on this two-stage telescoped reaction from several reaction scales (<50 mL to 1600 liters) and at multiple manufacturing locations is shown. In addition to providing data on both reactions in the telescope, the mid-IR data has been used to monitor an intermediate distillation operation and therefore it has been possible to profile the whole process. Data is also shown on aliquot addition during the first chemical transformation, which is used to check the instrumentation.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Analytical Development, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pfizer World Wide Research and Development, Sandwich Laboratories, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 9NJ, UK
Publication date: May 1, 2012
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites