Vibrational Spectroscopic Analysis of Chlorosilanes and Siloxane Oligomers: Implications for the Spectra of Polydimethylsiloxanes
Abstract:Inelastic neutron scattering spectra of the polydimethylsiloxane polymer models, methyltrichlorosilane (MTCS), dimethyldichlorosilane (DMDCS), trimethylchlorosilane (TMCS), hexamethyldisiloxane (HMDS), and octamethyltrisiloxane (OMTS), are reported and assigned by comparison with ab initio calculations. Also reported are the spectra of a series of polydimethylsiloxane samples with viscosities in the range 5–100 cSt, based on the model compounds and calculated spectra of a short polydimethylsiloxane, and the spectrum of polydimethylsiloxane is reassigned. Also reported are the infrared (IR) and Raman spectra of TMCS and OMTS.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: March 1, 2007
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites