Study of Fitting Algorithms Applied to Simultaneous Analysis of Large Numbers of Peaks in γ-ray Spectra
Abstract:In this paper several nonlinear fitting algorithms without matrix inversion are proposed and investigated. The fitting algorithms represent an integral part of the analysis procedure, allowing us to simultaneously process large numbers of peaks in large blocks of data. The algorithms were applied to the analysis of both one-dimensional as well as two-fold coincidence γ-ray spectra. The properties of the proposed methods and the suitability of employing the appropriate algorithms to different kinds of γ-ray spectra were studied.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: July 1, 2003
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites