Composition Determination of Multicomponent Organic Aerosols by On-Line FT-IR Spectroscopy
Abstract:A new approach is reported for determining the composition of multicomponent organic aerosols using FT-IR spectroscopy. In this study, laboratory-generated aerosol particles are thermally evaporated and the resulting vapor is immediately analyzed using FT-IR spectroscopy. The composition of the aerosol is determined by fitting the vapor spectrum to a linear combination of reference spectra of the individual components. Application of the method to the detection of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, changes in aerosol composition, and analysis of diesel fuel is demonstrated.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: November 1, 2002
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites