Direct Identification and Quantitative Determination of Acidic and Neutral Diterpenes Using 13C-NMR Spectroscopy. Application to the Analysis of Oleoresin of Pinus nigra
Abstract:We report a methodology that allows identification and quantitative determination of individual acidic and neutral diterpenes in natural mixtures, using the computer-aided analysis of their 13C-NMR spectra. The analytical procedure was validated on artificial mixtures and then applied to authentic oleoresins of Pinus nigra. Up to eleven diterpenes, which represented 63% of the total composition of the oleoresin, were identified and quantified without previous separation or derivatization.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: March 1, 2002
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites