Analysis of Ferromanganese and Ferromanganese Slag by Means of Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometry
Abstract:A new inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES) procedure has been developed for the simultaneous determination of major and minor elements in ferromanganese and ferromanganese slag as well as feed materials (fine ferromanganese and ferromanganese dust) for a ferromanganese smelter. The samples are dissolved by fusion with a mixture of sodium peroxide and sodium carbonate, followed by leaching of the melt with hydrochloric acid. In this way all elements are brought quantitatively into solution. The calibration solutions were prepared similarly from appropriate certified reference materials, and the calibration graphs were verified by means of ferromanganese and manganese ore certified reference materials.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: December 1, 2001
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites