"Real Time" Raman Studies of Electrospun Fibers
Abstract:Raman spectra of as-spun fibers produced through electrospinning have shown that high S/N data can be obtained on 50-μm diameter fibers in relatively short collection times (25 s). Using this same instrumental approach, "real time" Raman spectra of the electrospinning liquid fiber jet at the origin of the jet and 1 cm down-stream have been obtained. The results show that "on-line" analysis of the solvent/polymer ratio and spectroscopic measurements of polymer orientation are possible and will lead to a more quantitative understanding of the development of the polymer microstructure during the electrospinning process.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: October 1, 2001
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites