Enhanced Chemical Classification of Raman Images Using Multiresolution Wavelet Transformation
Abstract:Multiresolution wavelet transformation (MWT) and block thresholding is used to effectively suppress both background and noise interference while minimally distorting Raman spectral features. The performance of MWT as a spectral pre-processing algorithm is demonstrated using both synthetic spectra and experimental hyper-spectral Raman images with large background and noise components. The results are quantified by comparing correlation coefficients of synthetic spectra with either the same or different backgrounds. The improved chemical imaging performance obtained using MWT is demonstrated by comparing principal component analysis (PCA) channel images and spectral angle mapping (SAM) classified images before and after MWT pre-processing.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: September 1, 2001
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites