Thermal Dependence of the Cr-to-Nd Energy Transfer in Lanthanum Lutetium Gallium Garnet
Abstract:Photoluminescence, excitation, and response to pulsed excitation measurements show the existence of the Cr3+-to-Nd3+ energy transfer in lanthanum lutetium gallium garnet with an efficiency eta = 0.59 at room temperature. The transfer occurs radiatively and nonradiatively, and both transfer rates are temperature dependent within 15-550 K. The nonradiative transfer rate, calculated as a function of temperature by using the lifetime data of the Cr3+ ion in the crystal, increases slowly with increasing temperature.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: November 1, 1999
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites