Spatial Imaging Identification in a Fiber-Bundle Confocal Fluorescence Microspectrometer
Abstract:We have developed a CCD-based fiber-bundle confocal fluorescence microspectrometer exhibiting a spectrum of individual fiber spots on the CCD. The development led to a new technique, spatial imaging identification, and revealed the sources of various signals based on the spatial distribution of a signal in the spectral images. The new technique allows for easy alignment of the optics and discrimination of various interference lights. The potential application to surface analysis is also emphasized.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: August 1, 1998
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites