Vibrational Spectroscopic Analysis of Ferroelectric Liquid Crystal MBOPDOB
Abstract:Raman spectra of ferroelectric liquid crystal (FLC) D-4-(2-methylbutoxy) phenyl 4-decyloxybenzoate (MBOPDOB) are recorded. All the vibrational modes are assigned, and their vibrational characteristics are studied. It is found that the s-cis and the s-trans conformers of the ester group coexist in the crystal phase at room temperature. By temperature-dependent measurements, the line shape changes due to the transition of the ester group conformation near the crystal-Sm C* phase transition point are examined.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: June 1, 1998
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites