Evanescent Wave Absorption Spectroscopy by Means of Bi-tapered Multimode Optical Fibers
Abstract:This paper discusses the theoretical and experimental implications of tapering a multimode optical fiber with a view to its use in evanescent wave absorption spectroscopy. Good experimental results are obtained, showing the possibility of quadruplicating the absorbance efficiency. This easy and reproducible technique for taper fabrication is suitable for the implementation of both probes for spectroscopy and chemically assisted fiber-optic sensors.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: April 1, 1998
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites