Simplified Equation for ATR Spectral Intensity of a ThreePhase System
Abstract:A simplified equation for attenuated total reflection (ATR) spectral intensity in a three-phase system under a small absorption condition is derived. The spectral intensity is expressed in terms of a linear function of the bulk spectral intensities or absorption coefficients of the absorbing media. The applicability and limitation of the simplified equation are verified by comparing the spectral intensity obtained from the simplified equation to that from the exact equation.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: March 1, 1998
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites