Raman Imaging of Dental Adhesive Diffusion
Abstract:The clinical success of dental composites depends critically upon the adhesive bond that secures it to the tooth. Previous efforts to characterize the adhesive/dentin interface have generally required sample preparation that alters or damages the interface. Using microRaman spectroscopy, we have collected chemical and morphologic information on the dentin/adhesive interface with minimal sample preparation. Results from this technique have provided direct evidence of adhesive penetration and demineralization depth for two adhesive systems.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: November 1, 1997
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites