Flow-Injection Chemiluminescence Method for the Determination of Hydrocortisone and Progesterone
Abstract:A simple flow injection chemiluminescence (CL) method for the determination of progesterone and hydrocortisones (HCRs) is described. The method is based on their sensitizing effect on the chemiluminescence reaction of a mercapto-group (-SH) with cerium(IV) in sulfuric acid. This method allows determination in the ranges 0.28-8.0 mu g/mL for hydrocortisones (HCRs) and 0.5-8.0 mu g/mL for progesterone with a detection limit of 0.10 mu g/mL for HCRs and 0.26 mu g/mL for progesterone. The experimental conditions for the reaction are optimized. The possible reaction mechanism is discussed.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: October 1, 1997
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites