Compact, Self-Contained Optical Spectrometer
Abstract:We describe the construction and performance of a self-contained, battery-operated, hand-held optical spectrometer. This unit contains an onboard optical excitation source, miniaturized monochromator, CCD detector, Peltier cooler, LCD display module, and microprocessor control. We demonstrate capabilities for qualitative fluorescence determinations and semiquantitative fluorescence and absorption measurements. Resolution is λ/δλ ≈ 1200 at 434 nm.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Chemical Sciences and Technology, CST-1 MSJ565, Los Alamos, National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545
Publication date: November 1, 1995
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites