Routine Wavenumber Calibration of an FT-Raman Spectrometer
Abstract:A readily automated procedure for testing and calibrating the wavenumber shift scale of an FT-Raman spectrometer is described. The procedure uses atomic lines as wavenumber standards. An apodization procedure is used in accurately determining the line positions to a fraction of the sampling interval. A fiber-optic bundle conveniently couples the output from a hollow cathode lamp to the collection optics of the Raman accessory. Results are reported and compared for both thorium and neon atomic lines. Acetonitrile is suggested as a wavenumber shift standard, and peak shifts have been measured for its major features. Peak shift values are reported for 11 lines of cyclohexane.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306-3006
Publication date: July 1, 1995
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites