Simultaneous Determination of Rubber Additives by FT-IR Spectrophotometry with Multivariate Calibration
Abstract:A new method for the simultaneous determination of vulcanized rubber additives by Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectrophotometry using partial least-squares regression (PLSR) for multivariate calibration was developed. The effect of various wavenumber ranges and the use of the absorbance and first-derivative spectral modes on performance were studied by applying the method to three different sample batches containing several additives in different proportions, all of which were resolved with satisfactory results.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Departament de Química, Unitat de Química Analítica, Facultat de Ciències, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, E-80193 Bellaterra, Spain
Publication date: June 1, 1995
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites