Molecular Orientation and Stacking of Perylenetetracarboxylic Diimide Derivatives in Langmuir-Blodgett Monolayers: Part II
Abstract:Molecular overlapping of perylene tetracarboxylic diimides (PTCD) in Langmuir-Blodgett (LB) films is discussed. With the use of Kuhn's extended dipole model and spectral data in the visible and infrared regions, the degree of molecular overlap in a series of PTCD derivatives was determined. The results are in general agreement with the overlap values reported in X-ray studies for crystal packing of similar molecules.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Materials and Surface Science Centre, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario N9B 3P4, Canada
Publication date: April 1, 1995
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites