Determination of Chlorophyll a and Pheophytin a Concentrations in Acetone Extracts by Laser Fluorometry
Abstract:We have used the technique of laser fluorometry for chlorophyll a and pheophytin a measurements in 90% acetone/water extracts of sea-water phytoplankton. In our method, the acetone Raman signal is used as an internal standard. We have shown that use of the second harmonic of a pulsed Nd:YAG laser (λ = 532 nm) makes it possible to measure pigment concentrations as low as 10 ng/L. It creates favorable conditions for high-efficiency analysis of the phytoplankton pigments in the oligotrophic areas of the world ocean and for investigations of the feed process of individual zooplankton samples.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Physics, Moscow University, 119899 Moscow, Russia
Publication date: February 1, 1995
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites