JCAMP-DX for Mass Spectrometry
Abstract:JCAMP-DX has, for several years, been the standard form for the exchange of infrared spectral data. More recently JCAMP-DX protocols have been published for chemical structure data and for nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. This publication presents a new JCAMP-DX data exchange protocol for mass spectrometry, covering the transport of single spectra, spectral series, and raw data files. The protocol can be implemented on any computer system and storage media. It is completely manufacturer independent. As with previous publications in this series, the aim is to provide reliable data transfer without loss of information regardless of the hardware or software involved. A comparison to the work on a binary protocol currently being carried out by the Analytical Instrument Association is also presented.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Institut für Spektrochemie und Angewandte Spektroskopie, ISAS, Postfach 10 13 52, 44013 Dortmund, Germany
Publication date: December 1, 1994
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites