Monitoring the Heterogeneously Catalyzed Conversion of Quadricyclane to Norbornadiene by Raman Spectroscopy
Abstract:The utility of fiber-optic Raman spectroscopy for monitoring a heterogeneous catalysis reaction has been examined. The conversion of quadricyclane to norbornadiene in the presence of CuSO4 in chloroform has been followed by an automated procedure. Concentrations of both species have been measured at 5-min intervals over a period of several hours with the use of a solvent line as an internal standard. The nondestructive procedure is shown to be easily implemented. Limits of detection are about 0.003 M.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306-3006
Publication date: May 1, 1994
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites