Relationship between Detection Limits and Energy Quantities in Atomic Emission Spectrometry
Abstract:A relationship involving detection limits of ionic lines in an inductively coupled plasma experiment is shown to derive from principles applied in determining atomic transition probabilities from intensity measurements in arc experiments. A new theory of spectral line intensity has been previously shown to be supported by the arc experiments and is now shown to be consistent with the results of the detection limit ICP experiment.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Swedish Institute of Space Physics, P.O. Box 812, S-981 28 Kiruna, Sweden
Publication date: May 1, 1994
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites